Britishtransfers (PVT) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and safeguarding your data and individual level information in a secure, respectful and trustworthy manner. This is important; we hope you will take time to read it carefully. Remember, you can find controls to manage your information and protect your privacy and security. We’ve tried to keep it as simple as possible. This notice sets out how we will process any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views, practices and processes regarding your personal data and how we will treat this information. When you share information with us, we can make our services even better for you. For instance, we can show you more relevant search results and ads, help you connect with people or to make sharing with others quicker and easier. As you use our services, we want you to be clear how we’re using information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy.
RIGHT TO ACCESS, CORRECT AND DELETE DATA AND TO OBJECT TO DATA PROCESSING
Our customers have the right to access, correct and delete personal data relating to them, and to object to the processing of such data, by addressing a written request, at any time. The Company makes every effort to put in place suitable precautions to safeguard the security and privacy of personal data, and to prevent it from being altered, corrupted, destroyed or accessed by unauthorized third parties. However, the Company does not control each and every risk related to the use of the Internet, and therefore warns the Site users of the potential risks involved in the functioning and use of the Internet. The Site may include links to other web sites or other internet sources. As the Company cannot control these web sites and external sources, the Company cannot be held responsible for the provision or display of these web sites and external sources, and may not be held liable for the content, advertising, products, services or any other material available on or from these web sites or external sources.
Why we need your details
The reason we require your personal data is to ensure that we are able to fully assist you with any enquiries or requested services. We will not collect any personal data from you if not required to provide or oversee the requested services to you. The lawful basis for processing data identified by Twelve Transfers includes:
- Legal obligations
- Performance of a contract
- Legitimate interest
- Consent (only used when sensitive information is required to be processed by us).
How long we keep your details
- Service user personal data will be retained for no more than three years following each use of our service, unless you exercise your rights highlighted below.
- This relates to details of your visits to our app and website app and the resources that you access will be stored, as will details of transactions you carry out through our app or website and of the fulfilment of your bookings. Under Private Hire Regulations stipulated by Transport for London, we are obliged to retain journey records for a period of 12 months as a condition of our contract. Similarly, we are required to keep any complaint, lost property and account query records for the same period of time.
- Employee, driver and financial data will be retained for five years from the end of their contract with Twelve Transfers.
- Of course, we will look to retain records for no longer than is necessary
MANAGEMENT OF PERSONAL DATA
You can view or edit your personal data online for many of our services. You can also make choices about our collection and use of your data. How you can access or control your personal data will depend on which services you use. You can choose whether you wish to receive promotional communications from our web site by email, SMS, physical mail, and telephone. If you receive promotional email or SMS messages from us and would like to opt out, you can do so by following the directions in that message. You can also make choices about the receipt of promotional email, telephone calls, and postal mail by visiting and signing into Company Promotional Communications Manager, which allows you to update contact information, manage contact preferences, opt out of email subscriptions, and choose whether to share your contact information with our partners. These choices do not apply to mandatory service communications that are part of certain web site services.