If you wish to book a PRIVATE HIRE VEHICLE (Britishtransfers) via this website, www.britishtransfers.co.uk, you must agree to the terms below as the exclusive basis which governs such booking and must tick the “I accept the terms and conditions” box on the main passenger’s booking information page. If you do not agree to any of the terms, do not book a PRIVATE HIRE VEHICLE via this website. If you are booking on behalf of someone else, by clicking “I accept the terms and conditions”, you are representing that you have their authority to accept these terms and conditions on their behalf. The following terms and conditions apply to all services provided by Britishtranafers (PVT) with the following details.
The following clauses apply to all Passenger Services including Account Services. These Terms shall be incorporated and form part of all Contracts for the provision of the Services by the Company to the Customer. Each party acknowledges that it is not relying on any statements, warranties or representations given or made by the other whether actual or implied by common law or under statute in relation to the subject matter of any Contract and that it shall have no rights or remedies with respect to such subject matter otherwise than under the relevant Con-tract.
The Customer shall be liable for any damage caused by Passengers to any Passenger Vehicle.
In relation to the Services generally, the Company’s liability shall not exceed £60;In the case of lost or damaged Goods (including where relevant luggage of Customers travelling in Passenger Vehicles), the Company’s liability shall not exceed £60 unless the Customer has notified the Company that the Goods have a value in excess of £60 and the Company has agreed in writing to be responsible for the repair or replacement of the Goods up to a greater value and the Cus-tomer shall indemnify the Company against any Passenger claiming sums in excess of such lim-its.
To the extent permitted by law, the Company shall not be liable in any way whatsoever for the acts or omissions of any sub-contractors to whom the Company sub-contracts. The Company shall use its reasonable endeavours to ensure that it only sub-contracts the Services to such third parties that have at least the minimum insurance cover required in the third d party’s coun-try of operation. If the Company is aware that a third party does not have a level of insurance coverage which the Company would expect, the Company reserves the right to request that the Customer signs a standard form disclaimer and acknowledgement in respect of the same.
The Company shall not be liable to the Customer for any loss of anticipated savings, business revenues, or profits whether categorised as direct or indirect or any indirect, special or conse-quential loss (including losses arising from business interruption, wasted management time, loss of goodwill, data and all other such loss whether or not arising in the normal course of busi-ness).
The Company shall not be liable to the Customer or be deemed to be in breach of the Contract by reason of any delay in performing or any failure to perform any of the Company’s obligations under the Contract if the delay or failure was due to any circumstances or cause beyond the Company’s reasonable control.
The Company shall, in any event, have no liability in respect of any claim, howsoever arising, that is not notified to the Company by the Customer, in writing, with sufficient particularity, to identify the nature and the quantum of the claim within seven days of the occurrence of the cir-cumstances giving rise to the claim.
The use by the Customer of the Company’s website is also governed by the Website Accepta-ble Use Policy. It is advisable that the Customer takes the time to read these, as they include important terms and conditions which apply to the Customer for any services provided by the Company.
2. PASSENGER SERVICES
1. Payment Methods
1.1 Credit and Debit Card Services
When making a Booking for the Credit and Debit Card Services, the Customer must elect to pay the Company for the Services either by way of a credit card or a debit card payment, details of which shall be processed by the Company.
In consideration for the performance of the Credit and Debit Card Services, the Customer shall pay the Charges by way of a credit or debit card payment in accordance with Such Charges in relation to the Credit and Debit Card Services shall include a card handling fee.
1.2 Cash Services
When making a booking for Cash Services, the contract shall be made as between the Company, acting as agent for the Driver, and the Customer in relation to Cash Services and such Con-tract shall be subject to these Terms, and any reference in these Terms to the Company shall be a reference to the Driver in relation to the provision of the Cash Services and these Terms shall be considered to be the terms of trading between the Driver and the Customer.
In consideration for the performance of the Cash Services, the Customer shall pay the Charges to the Driver (as principal) upon completion of the Services (ex. upon arrival at the Customer’s destination) or earlier if the Driver shall, at his absolute discretion, decide.
In respect of Cash Services, payment shall be made in cash and the Driver shall not accept any other form of payment without paying a handling fee.
For the avoidance of any doubt the Customer shall not be charged VAT in relation to the payment for any Cash Services.
The company reserves the right to accept Cash Services (payment) at its own discretion, as this is no longer an accepted standard payment method. Cash Services can only be booked with the assistance of an operator, via phone, email or by chat online.
2. Fees and Charges
The price provided to the Customer at the time of making the Booking shall be based on the journey specified by the Customer at the time of booking (the “Original Journey”). The price quoted by the Company shall be based upon the Company’s chosen route between the Collection Address and the Customer’s destination (via any other pick -up points or drop-off points stated by the Customer at the time of making the Booking). Should the Customer wish to take a specific route (which is different to that taken by the Company) the Company reserves the right to charge the Customer an additional charge in relation to that Booking.
2.1 Passenger no show
- The Customer and Passenger(s) and any luggage or personal items shall be ready for collection at the time stipulated by the Customer when the Booking is made. The Company will allow a maximum of 15 minutes free waiting or loading time when picking up Passenger(s) from a regular address. In the event that all booked Passenger(s) have not boarded the Passenger Vehicle within 15 minutes of the stipulated time, the Company reserves the right to charge the Customer a Waiting Time Fee proportionate to the delay in departure from the Collection Address, which will, for the avoidance of doubt, include the first 15 minutes. After the free 15 minutes of waiting time pass, if contact cannot be made with the Customer, the booking will be automatically considered cancelled due to “no show” policy.
- In relation to collection of the Customer and any Passenger(s) from a London airport (Heathrow, Gatwick, Stansted, Luton, London City or Southend) or major port/cruise terminal (Southampton, Portsmouth, Dover, Harwich, Tilbury), the Company will allow a maximum of 30 minutes free waiting time and parking starting from the scheduled pick-up time* (for airports pick-ups, scheduled time is worked out by adding the chosen time frame (M&G period) after the last known estimated arrival time of an inbound international flight). The Company reserves the right to charge the Customer a Waiting Time Fee proportionate to the delay in departure, which shall not include the first 30 minutes, but only the period, waited after this initial time frame. For the purposes of this clause the “last known estimated arrival time” will either be (a) if the Customer provides a flight number at the time of making the Booking, the Company will monitor the relevant flight and alter the collection time accordingly; or (b) if the Customer does not provide a flight number, the time which has been specified by the Customer. After the free 30 minutes of waiting time pass, if contact cannot be made with the Customer, the booking will be automatically considered cancelled due to “no show” policy.
- In relation to collection of the Customer and any Passenger(s) from a London train station, the Company will allow a maximum of 15 minutes free waiting time from the scheduled pick-up time. The “meet & greet” service is not offered as standard and is optional .In the event that all booked Passenger(s) have not boarded the Passenger Vehicle within 15 minutes of the stipulated time, the Company reserves the right to charge the Customer a Waiting Time Fee proportionate to the delay in departure from the Collection Address, which will, for the avoidance of doubt, include the first 15 minutes. After the free 15 minutes of waiting time pass, if contact cannot be made with the Customer, the booking will be automatically considered cancelled due to “no show”.
- If a customer book on wrong date and time, Customer needs to change the booking. If not change until their pickup time (which is on the booking). It will considered as ‘’no show’’.
- All bookings pre-paid by a credit or debit card will not be refunded in the event of a no show.
2.2 Parking charges
All parking fees will be chargeable to the Customer for collections from airports, ports, international and domestic train terminals or any regular address which requires paid parking.
2.3 Alternative/ Additional pickup or drop off point
The Company reserves the right to charge the Customer a fee for Extra stops. In the event that the Customer requires the Company at the beginning and/or during the course of the Original Journey to make any alterative pick-up(s) or collection(s) of Passenger(s) during the course of the Original Journey or to drop off Passengers at any locations other than as specified in the Original Journey or to take any variation from the Original Journey as specified at the time of Booking, additional charges may be applied by the Company, The Company reserves the right to decline carriage to any Passenger who do not agree to the price being recalculated to new specifications.
Diversion or stop on the way = Charge per extra miles (will be calculated based on standard rates and depending on distance)
2.4 Special Day charges
The Company reserves the right to charge the Customer a surcharge for all journeys made during the Christmas Period and Public Holidays.
The following days will be charged at holiday rate by the Company for any services provided:
- Christmas period – between 00:00 on 24/12/2019 up to 23:59 on 26/12/2019 – 50% extra charge applicable
- New Year’s period – between 00:00 on 31/12/2019 up to 23:59 on 01/01/2020 – 50% extra charge applicable
- Which means the journey will be charged at 50% extra compared to the normal rate (ex. charge of journey + 50% holiday fee).
- Between 00:00 on 27/12/2019 up to 23:59 on 30/12/2019, journeys will be charged at 15% extra compared to the normal rate due to limited availability (ex. charge of journey + 15% sur-charge fee). Christmas / New Year’s period charges are applicable each year on the same dates.
- Easter period – between 00:00 on 11/04/2020 up to 23:59 on 13/04/2020 – 50% extra charge applicable
- Which means the journey will be charged at 50% extra compared to the normal rate (ex. charge of journey + 50% holiday fee). Easter period charges vary each year as it depends when this is celebrated.
2.5 Child seat Charges
For Saloon Car (Taxi3) and Estate Car (Taxi4) bookings, any kind of child seats are no longer provided.
For MPV5, MPV6, MPV7 and MPV8 We can provided one infant, one child and one booster it will be charge free.
Please note child seats are not a requirement in Taxi & Private Hire Vehicles, and for this reason we do not enforce or provide these while undertaking a journey with us; you can bring your own seat, but this cannot be stored with the driver.
2.6 Extra Luggage Charges
The Company reserves the right to charge the Customer a fee for extra luggage. These fees apply on top of the standard journey fee
- Saloon (1-3 passengers / max. 2 check in / 2 hand luggage) = £0.00
- Executive (1-3 passengers / max. 2 check in / 2 hand luggage) = £30.00
- Estate (1-4 passengers / max. 4 check in / 2 hand luggage) = £8.00
- MPV (1-4 passengers / max. 4 check in / 4 hand luggage) = £15.00
- MPV5 (1-5 passengers / max. 4 check in / 2 hand luggage) = £20.00
- MPV6 (1-6 passengers / max. 0 check in / 6 hand luggage) = £25.00
- MPV8 (1-8 passengers / max. 8 check in / 8 hand luggage) = £40.00
- MPV Executive (1-8 passengers / max. 8 check in / 8 hand luggage) = £80.00
The Company reserves the right to decline carriage to any Passenger(s) who’s booking details at the time of pick-up do not match those of the Original Journey (ex. Customer books Original Journey for 2 passengers and 2 pieces of luggage and at pick-up he boards Passenger Vehicle with 4 pieces of luggage).
2.7 Travelling with Pets within the Vehicle
Customers must inform the Company at the time of making a booking if the Customer or any Passenger wishes to carry any domestic animals in any Passenger Vehicle. All domestic animals should be carried in a suitable box or cage, if appropriate and/or be suitably restrained. The Company and/or the Driver reserve the right to cancel a booking on arrival if the Company has not been informed of the Customer’s requirement to carry an animal in the Passenger Vehicle. Guide dogs are exempt from this requirement and are permitted to be carried in any Passenger Vehicle.
2.8 Driver waiting charges.
- For Regular address bookings: 0-15 minutes = free of charge +15 minutes = £0.25/minute (or £0.50/minute for the MPV8 and MPV Executive category) + any parking (if applicable)
- For Airport & port bookings: 0-30 minutes = free of charge +30 minutes = £0.25/minute (or £0.50/minute for the MPV8 and MPV Executive category) + parking ticket (anything above £8.00)
- For Train station bookings :0-15 minutes = free of charge+15 minutes = £0.25/minute (or £0.50/minute for the MPV8 and MPV Executive category) + any parking (if applicable)
- Meet & Greet is charged with £8.00 extra
3. Other Common policies
- The Company may, in its absolute discretion, decline to accept any Booking.
- The Company shall use reasonable endeavours to provide a Passenger Vehicle in good working order of the type specified by the Customer (or, in the event that such a vehicle is not available, a reasonable alternative vehicle) within any time for so doing given by the Company or within a reasonable time. In the event that the Company is unable to lo-cate a driver with which it directly collaborates, we aim to inform within reasonable time to seek an alternative service – the existing reservation with the Company will be re-funded in full and a credit will be offered as compensation towards the bill for the alter-native service once a receipt is provided (only up to 50% of the reservation value will be offered towards the cost of a Black Cab or Addison Lee).
- In providing the Passenger Services, a Driver shall choose, at his/her sole discretion, the route from the Collection Address to the Customer’s destination. If a Customer re-quests that a specific route is taken, any price quoted in respect of such journey may be amended.
- Passengers are not permitted to smoke in any Passenger Vehicle.
- Passengers shall not play any musical instrument or recorded music in any Passenger Vehicle except with the written permission of the Company.
- Passengers shall not consume alcohol in any Passenger Vehicle except with the written permission of the Company and the Company reserves the right to decline carriage to any Passenger who, in its opinion, is intoxicated.
- The transportation of luggage in a Passenger Vehicle shall be permitted in the absolute discretion of the Company. Passengers shall remain responsible at all times for their personal luggage. The Company may assist the Customer with the loading and unload-ing of his/her luggage from the Passenger Vehicle, at the Company’s sole discretion.
- The Company accepts no responsibility for the loss or damage to any luggage which is transported in a Passenger Vehicle. The Customer acknowledges and accepts that any luggage stored in the Passenger Vehicle may move around during the journey and ac-cordingly the Customer (and any Passengers) should take extra care when opening the luggage compartment of the Passenger Vehicle.
- Passengers are required to comply with current customs laws and regulations and the Company shall not be responsible for any delays caused by any failure to comply with the same.
- All Passengers are required to use seatbelts at all times.
- The Company will allow unaccompanied children of 14 years of age or less to travel alone in a Passenger Vehicle at its own discretion. When booking a journey for any child less than 14 years of age the caller must inform the Company that a child will be travel-ling. The Company does not accept any additional responsibility for any child who travels unaccompanied in a Passenger Vehicle. Please note child seats are not a requirement in Taxi & Private Hire Vehicles, and for this reason we do not enforce or provide these while undertaking a journey with us; you can bring your own seat, but this cannot be stored with the driver.
- The Company reserves the right to refuse to transport any Passenger who behaves in a disorderly, threatening or abusive manner or who, in its absolute discretion, the Compa-ny considers a nuisance or a danger to its employees, agents, subcontractors or to fel-low Passengers. The Company is committed to providing services in accordance with the Equality Act. The Company will do what it reasonably can to assist those who are not capable of boarding and alighting a Passenger Vehicle unaided.
- The Company reserves the right to charge reasonable cleaning charges plus three hours loss of earnings for the driver at our normal hourly rate (as detailed in the Price List) in the event of spillages or in the event that any Passenger vomits or otherwise soils or damages a Passenger.
- Any dates, periods or times specified by the Company in connection with the performance of the Passenger Services are estimates only and time shall not be of the essence for the performance by the Company of its obligations under the Contract. The Company makes no warranty that the Customer or Customer’s goods or property shall be delivered within the Customer’s stipulated time period (if any) and/or within any time period stated by the Company unless expressly agreed in writing by a director of the Company
- The Company shall not be responsible for any property left by Passengers in any Pas-senger Vehicle. Such property will be stored by the Company for a period of 14 days and thereafter the Company shall be entitled to return, destroy or otherwise dispose of such property as it, in its absolute discretion, sees fit.
- The Passenger shall be responsible for covering the cost of extra charges in the event of a delay being caused by a 3rd party (immigration or luggage claim queues, lost property or delays caused by the airport/airline used).
4. Accepted Standard Payment Method
Please note that all online reservations are now subject to card payment only (the company re-serves the right to accept cash payment or other forms of payment at its own discretion, but reservations can only be made with the assistance of an operator, via phone, email or chat online). This enforcement is now in place due to the sudden rise in “no shows” and fake reser-vations that we have been experiencing. If for any reason you need to cancel the booking, pay-ment will be refunded according to our standard cancellation and refund policy.
5. Cancellation Policy
Unlike the vast majority of companies within this industry, we do not charge our customers for unexpected situations where a journey needs to be cancelled (as long as this is done with 24 hour in advance of the requested pick-up time). We understand that sometimes the unpredictable happens and for unforeseen reasons you simply can’t make it. If you would like to cancel your booking with us, you can do this by emailing us at email@example.com with your booking reference and reason of cancellation. Alternatively you can call us on +44 (0) 2038874117
Please note that pre-paid bookings can take up to 10 working days to be processed from the moment you inform us of a cancellation. It can then take up to a further 4 working days for the funds to be credited and reach your account. For assistance with refunds, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If a booking is cancelled less than 24 hours prior to the schedule pick-up time, there will be a cancellation fee applied, which depends on the time we were informed…
– More than 24 hours before pick-up time = no charge applied / full refund;
– Between 24 and 3 hours before pick-up time = 30% of journey price;
– Between 3 hours and up to the pick-up time = 50% of journey price;
– Once journey has commenced (driver on the way) = 100% of journey price;
If you booked a journey for the wrong date/time, but failed to inform us = 50% of journey price to rebook
If you double booked with a different company, but failed to inform or cancel the journey with us = 50% of journey price + parking/waiting fee
If you have booked a journey with us, but did not turn up, we will require a cancellation fee be paid, for time wasting = 50% of journey price + parking/waiting fee
If your flight is cancelled, you will be given the option to receive a full refund or reschedule your journey. In the event that your flight is diverted to a different airport then the one you were due to land on, you will be given the option to receive a full refund or reschedule your journey from the new airport (in the event that a price difference occurs, you will have to pay this). We will require proof of flight cancellation to qualify for a full refund (in the event that the journey was cancelled with less than 24 hours prior to pick up).
For instant bookings (that were processed for a journey taking place within the next hour) a charge will only be applicable if you cancel the journey after the driver has departed towards your address (on the way). A fixed cancellation fee will be applied based on the vehicle type booked, as follows…
• Saloon/Estate – £5.00
• Executive – £8.00
• MPV (4/5/6) – £8.00
• MPV Executive – £10.00
• MPV8 – £10.00